Boothbay
9/2- Tugboat Inn Marina, Boothbay ME
It was a glorious day today. We left early as I was in my anxious to get going mode. We motored around the corner and put up the sails. We crept along at 1.5-2 knots while the wind filled in. By the time we reached Round Pond the wind was 10 knots out of the east!! We cruised down the channel and once we cleared Louds Island the wind picked up a bit in the 11 to 12 knot range. We merrily bounced our way down the Pemiquid peninsula finally crossing the bar. The seas now were quite lumpy as the wind was decidedly against the rising tide. We jibed once at the entrance to Boothbay had sailed on down the harbor.
We met up with a couple of friends who were visiting the area and had a nice meal out. All the weather forecasts are pretty convinced it is going to rain tomorrow so I think we will go with that. I am not so sure that it will be that big an event but we will still button up the boat tonight. Stay dry friends!
Comments
Post a Comment